HOW TO TAKE CARE OF A GERBIL (COMPLETE GUIDE 2022)
Many people enjoy the company of a gerbil as a pet, but few know how to care for them.
Here, we'll provide you with all the information you need to maintain your Gerbil's health properly.
1. A good diet plan is needed to keep your baby Gerbil healthy. This can be achieved by giving them fresh drinking water three times daily and allowing them some veggies every day.
Sometimes a Gerbil will also lose hair or stop eating, but these are just some of the early signs of illness.
3. If you see these signs, bring your Gerbil to a vet as soon as possible to rule out any diseases so they can be treated, and hopefully, they will get better.
4. They will also need fresh, clean bedding, which must be changed every few days for hygiene purposes.
5. Check appropriately if there is any soil, and remove it immediately. Disinfect the Gerbil's cage at least one or two times a month.
6. Once your Gerbil is hand-trained, you can take it out of its cage for exercise. Initially, 15 to 20 minutes a day will be enough. Make sure the enclosure is escape-proof during this period.
7. Gerbils like the company of other gerbils. So, keeping same-gender gerbils together will be perfect for them.